1920's Inspired Creative Shoot | Indiana Photographer

I am in love with EVERY SINGLE IMAGE from this shoot!!!! This 1920's inspired shoot has been in the works since mid-February. I attended a photography conference and print competition (more about that in another post), and became inspired and motivated to start shooting more creatively for myself. I hope to be able to do several creative personal projects each year from here on out :)

I wasn't sure what I wanted to do at first, I just knew I wanted to do something mostly in studio so that I could play around with different lighting patterns and modifiers. The 1920 theme came to me through a photography facebook group that I am apart of and it all fell into place after that. I contacted my awesome hair stylist about teaming up with me on this project and was so glad she agreed! I think you will see that she knocked the hair and makeup OUT OF THE PARK! Thank you Hunter Miller (you can reach her at Fluid Salon). I then ordered the outfit and accessories online, and was so happy with the quality of the dress for the price I paid for it. I also reached out to friends about getting a 1920's era vehicle to use for a portion of the shoot. I am thankful to have such a great network of friends, because they came through for me. A big thank you to Joyce Denton for putting me in contact with her father for this one :) And the biggest thanks goes to a former Senior Model of mine, Olivia Fry! She was willing and eager to do this shoot, and gave up her Sunday afternoon to be my AWESOME model. I think you will see why I was so glad to have her in front of my camera ;)

Not only did this shoot allow me to shoot creatively and play with lighting, but it also allowed me to play around with some different editing techniques as well. I think that because they were vintage inspired images, some vintage styled editing was needed to give them that overall feel.

I would love to hear your feedback. Please feel free to comment on my facebook post after viewing these and let me know your thoughts (or leave a comment here). Enjoy~